DEAD SEA, Jordan has hosted, last week, the second edition of the EuroMed Youth Awards after Cairo, Egypt in 2005.
The aim of the event was to increase the visibility of the EuroMed Cooperation with key partners from the youth field, to enhance the achievements of the Euro-Mediterranean Youth cooperation by sharing good practices and to give a new impetus for future partnership and cooperation within the future generation of the Youth in Action and EuroMed Youth programmes.
More than 70 participants coming from 11 European Countries (Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, Finland, France, Italy, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Spain), 1 Programme country of the Youth in Action programme (Turkey) and 6 neighbour countries from the Mediterranean area (Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Tunisia) have participated in the event.
The audience gathered approximately 90 people including the team members, some officials and international professionals in the youth field.
Among the 43 projects (17 for the EuroMed Youth Programme and 26 for the Youth in Action Programme) - selected beforehand by the concerned National Agencies of the Youth in Action Programme, the EMYUs (EuroMed Youth Unit) of the EuroMed Youth Programme IV, SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed Resource Centre and RCBS (Regional Capacity Building and Support Unit for the EuroMed Youth Programme IV) - 10 projects have been awarded in the four categories corresponding to the actions of the Youth in action and the EuroMed Youth programmes: youth exchange, voluntary service, seminar and training course and two have been granted a jury special prize for Supporting peace development process in EuroMed Youth and for the Long term strategic approach in a training activity in Youth in action. The award winners are:
- Better life, better opportunities of “Civil Initiatives Development Centre”, Poland for the best seminar in Youth in action
- Mirroring women of “Leaders of tomorrow” organization, Jordan for the best seminar in EuroMed Youth
- Building together our Euro-Med eco-home of “Solidarity Tracks Organization”, Greece for the best training course in Youth in action
- Arab Spring also available in 2013 of “JUZOOR” organization, Palestine for the best training course in EuroMed Youth
- Hip Hop for Euromed of “CEMEA del Mezzogiorno Onlus”, Italy for the best youth exchange in Youth in action
- Two shores, one dream of “Club Culturel Ali Belhouane”, Tunisia for the best youth exchange in EuroMed Youth
- Tbexbix of “ Centru Tbexbix”, Malta for the best Voluntary service in Youth in action
- A step for green future of “Association des jeunes méditerranéens pour les échanges culturels”, Tunisia for the best Voluntary service in EuroMed Youth
- Jerusalem revisited of “Israel Federation of Community Centers”, Israel; the jury special prize for Supporting peace development process in EuroMed Youth
- Aktiv8 of “Non-Formal Education Center”, Turkey; jury special prize for the Long term strategic approach in a training activity in Youth in action
The awarding process has gone through a peer-to-peer evaluation. In the framework of the Organizations’ Stock Exchange Market (a central place for displaying all the candidate projects for the awards), the participants had the opportunity to exchange and share with each other before the crucial moment of the voting that nominated the projects to be awarded in each action and in each Programme.
The present EMYUs (Israel, Jordan, Palestine, Tunisia) and the National Agencies of the Youth in Action Programme (Italy, Finland, Bulgaria, Malta) have participated in the voting as well. The awards ceremony of the 13th afternoon has been presided by Mrs Lina Tarqan, Secretary General of the Jordanian Ministry of Political Development and Mr Nayefah Al Louzi, Head of the Jordanian Civil Society Department.
For further information a compendium gathering all the candidate projects and a publication with more details, interviews and pictures of the event will be published soon.